At Coastal Orthopedics, our priority is to protect the health and well-being of our community, staff and patients, while still providing care to those who need it most. We are offering telemedicine visits where appropriate and at the recommendation of the State Board of Health are postponing non-urgent scheduled appointments, elective procedures and surgeries.
We are following all mandates put forth by the CDC and the Florida Department of Health as they relate to this unprecedented COVID-19 virus and we are working to ensure that we present only factual information provided by reputable sources. Please see the processes we have implemented for the safety and wellbeing of our patients and staff.
- We are pleased to continue delivering the highest quality orthopedic care through telemedicine visits. See below for more information and to request an appointment.
- All surfaces in our lobbies including countertops, waiting room chairs, doorknobs, and tables are wiped down multiple times each hour to ensure cleanliness.
- All non-emergent patients who are showing signs of illness with a fever are asked to reschedule until their symptoms have fully resolved. Emergent cases – for individuals with acute orthopedic injuries or those coming in for their first post-operative visits, these patients will be seen; however, if they are showing any signs of illness, they are placed in a mask and gloves and escorted to an area outside of the main lobby.
- Companions: For the health and safety of everyone in our care, at this time visitors are not permitted in our facility with limited exceptions. Exceptions will be given to guardians of minors, those in need of assistance entering the building, and/or those with a critical need. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Social Distancing: We have spread out chairs in the lobby to encourage a distance of 6 feet; but also, suggest positioning away from others just to be safe.
- Alternative waiting: If a patient has a concern with waiting in our lobby due to the concerns over the COVID-19 virus, we are offering to take the patient’s cell number and have them wait outside until we are ready to bring them to a private exam room.
We are in constant contact with the CDC, Florida Department of Health, and Manatee County Emergency and are fully implementing their directives. Please click on the links below for additional information:
Center for Disease Control Web Site
Florida Department of Health Web Site
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications and software to provide clinical services to patients without an in-person visit. Telemedicine technology is frequently used for follow-up visits, management of chronic conditions, specialist consultation and a host of other clinical services that can be provided remotely via secure video and audio connections.
How do I schedule a telemedicine appointment?
To schedule a telemedicine visit, please call our scheduling department at 941-792-1404 or fill out the form below and a member of our scheduling team will reach out to assist you.