John W. Harkess, M.D.
Orthopedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Specialist
Joint Replacement Specialist
Coastal Center (SR 64)
Dr. John W. Harkess is a board eligible orthopedic surgeon who specializes in total joint replacement surgery. He has a special interest in hip and knee replacements. He completed his fellowship in lower extremity reconstruction at Scripps Clinic in La Jolla, Calif.
Doctor of Medicine:
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Center – 2011
University of Tennessee – Campbell Clinic, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery – 2012
Lower Extremity Reconstruction at Scripps Clinic – 2017
Medical Student Research Fellowship – Arthritis Foundation, New York Chapter
- Total Knee Replacement (Total Knee Arthroplasty)
- Partial Knee Replacement (Unicompartmental Knee Replacement)
- Computer Assisted Knee Replacement
- Makoplasty (Robot Assisted Partial Knee Replacement)
- Customized Patient Specific Knee Replacement (Visionaire)
- Knee Arthroscopy Including Partial Meniscectomy
- Knee Tendon Repairs
- Revision Knee Replacement Surgery
- Knee Infection Treatment
- Anterior Hip Replacement Surgery
- Posterior Hip Replacement Surgery
- Revision Hip Replacement Surgery
- Makoplasty (Robot Assisted Hip Replacement Surgery)
- Hip Tendon Repairs
- Hip Infection Treatment
- Hip Fracture Surgery (Partial Hip Replacement and Surgical Fixation)
- Wrist Fracture Repair
- Ankle Fracture Repair
- Patellar (Kneecap) Fracture Repair
- Forearm Fracture Repair
- Leg (Tibia) Fracture Repair
- General Fracture Repair
As Dr. Harkess states, 4-6 weeks recovery totally true and back to my old self, make that new self, my new hip is feeling great.
Dr. Harkess is amazing. I’m on my 3rd knee replacement. He did number 3. I tripped over my cat and my artificial knee popped out and broke my Femur. I was in so much pain and knew this was serious. He fixed my broken leg and did a revision. I won’t lie, rehab was tough. But Dr.Harkess was involved in every step. He cared that much. I must tell you my 3rd knee is so much better than my first two. I have a lot of scar tissue problems and number 3 is 10 degrees better than the other 2. Any knee replacement is a tough recovery, but I hear about these people that breeze right through it. That sure wasn’t me. I called his office and talked to Saun, Dr. Harkess’s DA it seemed every day in my first week out and she is amazing as well. My point, they are clearly there for you AFTER! I pray I only see them at the grocery store and never again in the office. I recommend Dr. Harkess enormously.
Ruthann O., Google.com
Total knee replacement is not an easy process…challenging both physically and mentally. Dr. Harkess is a skilled surgeon, demonstrating his expertise in an encouraging, compassionate manner. Always the consummate professional, he has provided support throughout this arduous process, alleviating fears and apprehension. I would recommend Dr. Harkess without hesitation.