At Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine / Pain Management in Bradenton, Florida, we understand how debilitating chronic pain can be, and our goal is to decrease or eliminate your pain so that you can get back to doing the things you enjoy. Our staff of board certified pain management specialists is committed to relieving your pain through minimally-invasive, interventional treatments. You may also be treated by our physical medicine and rehabilitation specialist, who focuses on restoring your function through a regimen of non-surgical, physician-guided strengthening, therapy, medications, injections and stretching.
To diagnose your source of pain, our pain management physicians will thoroughly assess your condition based on your individual experience with pain. The type of treatments and techniques that are used will depend on the cause and extent of your pain. Based on their findings, your doctor may use a variety of techniques to provide pain relief or make your pain tolerable.
Throughout your plan of care, our pain management specialists will educate you and your family about pain and its treatment and encourage you to be an active participant in your treatment. Our ultimate goal is to help you return to the most functional and productive lifestyle possible.
10 RELAXATION TECHNIQUES TO REDUCE STRESS ON-THE-SPOT
- Meditate: Keep yourself busy with activities that help keep your attention calm.
- Picture Yourself Relaxed: Take your mind off your stress & replace it with a calming image.
- Breathe Deeply: Let out a big sigh, drop your chest, and exhale through gently pursed lips–Repeat 10x.
- Look Around You: Keep your mind focused on something in the present, stress will take a back seat.
- Drink Hot Tea: Coffee raises levels of the notorious stress hormone, cortisol, while tea offers a calming effect.
- Show Some Love: When you do good, you feel good.
- Try Self-Massage: Stress causes tense muscles, so try some simple self-massage techniques.
- Take a Time-Out: Step away from a stressful situation, put it on hold, and take a break from it all.
- Try a Musical Detour: Slow tempo or classical tunes can produce calming effects.
- Take an Attitude Break: Think positive.
CONDITIONS WE TREAT
The pain management specialists at Coastal Orthopedic & Sports Medicine/ Pain Management in Bradenton, Florida are experts at diagnosing, treating and alleviating neck and back pain, as well as associated pain in the shoulders, arms, hips, legs and neuropathic pain. Some of the most commonly treated conditions include:
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Pain from failed back surgery
- Nerve compression
- Tendonitis and Bursitis
- Rotator cuff injury
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndromes (reflex sympathetic dystrophy, or RSD)
- Disorders of the nervous system, including shingles
- Cancer pain
- Pain from sports or work injuries
- Muscle and joint pain
Because pain is unique to each individual, pain management treatments for orthopedic conditions vary from person to person. The pain management specialists at Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine / Pain Management in Bradenton, Florida are experts at a number of procedures for chronic neck, back and joint pain and may use one or more techniques to provide pain relief or make your pain tolerable.
Some of the most common procedures we perform include:
For comprehensive chronic pain management, call Coastal Orthopedics & Sports Medicine / Pain Management today at (941) 792-2251 or use our online appointment request form.