If you suffer from chronic orthopedic pain, you are not alone. In fact, it is estimated that some 84% of adults suffer from chronic back pain brought about by disc disease, spinal stenosis, scoliosis and more. In addition, the U.S. Bone and Joint Initiative estimate that more than 51 million Americans experience chronic joint pain, most often caused by some form of arthritis.
For people with chronic orthopedic pain, surgical treatments aren’t always the answer. For many conditions, pain management is the recommended approach. That’ why Coastal Orthopedics employs top physicians in the treatment of chronic pain. Our physicians are expert at diagnosing and treating neck and back pain and associated pain in the shoulders, arms, hips, and legs. We also treat neuropathic pain.
In addition to treating pain from chronic conditions like arthritis, scoliosis, disc disease, and spinal stenosis, our pain management experts also treat:
- Chronic headaches. We can help manage chronic migraines with medications and lifestyle recommendations.
- Carpal tunnel syndrome. We provide expert treatment for this painful condition caused by nerve compression. Options range from steroid injections to medication and physical/occupational therapy.
- Cancer pain. Our pain management specialists know how to deal with cancer pain and keep patients as comfortable as possible during treatment and beyond.
- Tendonitis. This condition occurs when the bands that connect muscle to bone become inflamed and irritated, which can also cause joint pain. Physical therapy and steroid injections are preferred treatments, with surgery as a last resort.
- Bursitis. This is a condition involving inflammation of a small bursa sac that keeps a joint lubricated and working properly. Treatment can include anti-inflammatory medications, physical therapy or other measures.
- Nerve compression. Commonly called a “pinched nerve,” nerve compression can be extremely painful. Treatment at Coastal Orthopedics varies, depending on the symptoms. Splints or braces and physical therapy can often ease the pain.
- Much more
There are a number of effective non-surgical ways the pain management specialists at Coastal Orthopedics can treat your chronic pain. These include:
- Epidural Injections
- Facet Joint Injections
- Peripheral Joint Injections
- Sacroiliac Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
- Nerve Blocks
- Spinal Cord Stimulator
- Facet Radiofrequency
- Platelet-Rich Plasma
Throughout your plan of care, the pain management specialists at Coastal Orthopedics will educate you and your family about your pain and treatment. Our goal is to help you get back to the most productive and functional lifestyle possible.
If you are tired of living in pain and ready to move on with life, contact the experts at Coastal Orthopedics at 941-792-1404. Or use our online form to schedule an appointment with one of our physicians.