Do you have a youngster who’s active in sports? Are you an adult who’s avid about running, golf, basketball or tennis?
Then you should know that a Sports Medicine Physician at Coastal Orthopedics can actually help you prevent injuries before they happen. What’s more, Sports Medicine savvy can help you rise to top-of-your-game performance faster and more efficiently.
This is because Sports Medicine is an interdisciplinary specialty that draws on knowledge from surgical and non-surgical orthopedics, nutrition, conditioning, physical therapy, performance training and more to make your experience as an athlete safer, more successful and more fulfilling. More specifically, your fellowship-trained Coastal Orthopedics Sports Medicine physician can help you:
- Get more competitive with fewer injuries. Young or mature, athletic people tend to be impatient about increasing their strength, conditioning and capacity. So, many of them try to do too much too fast. The result is stress injury to muscles, tendons, joints and bones that can slow down athletic development … or even bring it to a screeching halt. Preventative care can help active people train their bodies while it minimizes the risk of any sports injury.
- Get more competitive more quickly. Beyond avoiding injuries, a smart, scientific approach to nutrition, exercise and conditioning can help boost athletic performance faster. If you’re engaged in cross training and heavy conditioning, you should know that proper technique and form can make the process faster, more focused and more efficient.
- Get over injuries faster. There’s a right way and a wrong way to recover from simple sports injuries like sprains and strains. There’s a right way and a wrong way to recover from joint injuries or surgery. Choosing the right way can get you back into the competitive fray sooner. At Coastal Orthopedics, we have a team of professional, board-certified sports medicine physicians and physical therapists that can expertly get any athlete back in the game. As one satisfied sports enthusiast has said about his experience with a Coastal Orthopedics Sports Medicine doctor, “He is a sports person so he talks to you the right way, like how can we get you back out there in the work-out world. I am very, very happy having him on my side.”
Typical Sports Injuries Treated at Coastal Orthopedics
- Rotator cuff syndrome
- ACL/MCL tears of the knee
- Shoulder dislocations and instability
- Meniscal tears
- Plantar fasciitis
- UCL tears of the elbow
- Ankle sprains and stress fractures
- Hamstring pulls or tears
- Hip disorders
- Achilles tendon injuries
- Muscle strains and sprains
- Golf related injuries
- Tennis related injuries
- Concussion management
Compete More, Hurt Less.
If you’re serious about maximizing athletic achievement, or if you’re experiencing ongoing pain from a sports injury, contact the sports medicine experts at Coastal Orthopedics. We’d love to get you back into the game, pain-free. Call us at 941-792-1404, or use our online form to schedule an appointment with one of our physicians.