Outpatient surgery, also known as same-day surgery, is an increasingly popular and safe choice for people undergoing orthopedic surgery. Outpatient surgery offers patients a number of benefits over opting for a hospital procedure.
1. Outpatient orthopedic surgery lets you recover at home, which is just as effective and safer than recovering in a hospital. It’s also a lot more comfortable, and it gets you back to your normal routine more quickly.
2. Outpatient orthopedic surgery eliminates potentially costly hospital stays. The last thing you need to worry about are finances when you’re recovering from surgery. Choosing outpatient surgery can save you thousands of dollars over a hospital stay.
3. There’s a reduced chance of infection. Every time you stay in a hospital, you risk getting what’s called a Hospital Acquired Infection. HAIs can inhibit your recovery and actually lengthen your hospital stay.
4. Outpatient orthopedic surgery is every bit as safe—if not safer—than having the surgery in a hospital. In fact, according to a 2016 study in the Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, people who had outpatient surgery for ankle fractures, for example, had lower rates of pneumonia, blood clots and urinary tract infections, and required fewer blood transfusions than those who had the surgery in a hospital.
These are some good reasons to choose outpatient surgery for orthopedics. But there are also some very good reasons to choose Coastal Orthopedics for your outpatient surgery.
1. We’ve been the Bradenton Herald’s People’s Choice for “Favorite Orthopedic Practice” for the past five years in a row. This ranking is based on nomination and voting by patients, their families, and other members of the Bradenton community each year.
2. Our physicians rank in the top 1% of America’s doctors. All are expertly trained and board certified, with several ranking among the nation’s top-rated surgeons and specialists. These rankings by Castle Connolly are given only after peer nomination, extensive research, and careful review. Recognized as leading authorities in orthopedic surgical procedures, sports medicine treatments, and pain management options, our physicians provide outstanding orthopedic care.
3. Coastal Orthopedics is CMS-certified. Not all outpatient orthopedic surgery centers are. Being CMS-certified requires meeting higher operational and quality standards, and Coastal Orthopedics does.
- ACL reconstruction
- Carpal tunnel release
- Rotator cuff repair
- Trigger finger release
- Joint replacement
- Spine surgery
- Knee surgery
- And more
To experience the Coastal Orthopedics difference, call our Bradenton orthopedic center today at 941-792-1404 or request an appointment here. We respond to all online inquiries within 48 hours. If your matter is urgent, please call to request a same-day appointment for a new or acute injury.